Loughborough Students Lifesaving Club is a friendly, mixed ability club with both Performance and Development Squads. We cater for all abilities, with members who have previously never heard of the sport, to athletes competing on the international stage. We also have a strong social scene with great themes and great people that builds a fantastic atmosphere within the club.
Lifesaving is such a unique sport, incorporating both swimming events and first aid scenarios. If you want to experience an exciting new sport, make friends for life and be part of the most successful lifesaving club in the UK, then this is the team for you!
Here are a few of our main achievements from our 2018/19 Season:
- BULSCA Championships winners for 5 years in a row
- A & B League Winners 2019
- 2 members selected to represent England at the Commonwealth Festival of Lifesaving in South Africa
- 9 members selected for the GB Performance Squad
- 54 National medals at Speeds 2019
- Won 'Welfare Club of the Year' at the Athletic Union Awards 2019
- Won ‘Most Sociable Club 2017’ at the Loughborough Athletic Union awards 2017
- 32 members went on tour to Italy
- 20 University Records to our name
- 2 members competed and medalled at the still water national championships in Cardiff
- 2 members competed at the World Championships in Australia
Look us up on social media to keep up to date and see what we get up to!
Check out our Promotional Video 2019!
Our club has proudly gained the support of Simply Swim, who we look forward to working with throughout the season!
WEDNESDAY 9th OCTOBER 6pm
It will start with a short presentation at JOHN BECKWITH, followed by a Taster Session to try out Lifesaving Sport at the University Swimming Pool! Everyone is welcome from first years to final years, compeitive swimmers to casual swimmers come along and have a go.
Monday 12:00 - 13:00 @ University Swimming Pool (Swim Training)
Monday 19:30 - 21:30 @ John Beckwith (First Aid)
Tuesday 12:00 - 13:00 @ University Swimming Pool (Swim Training)
Tuesday 19:30 - 21:30 @ University Swimming Pool (Swim/First Aid)
Wednesday 11:00 - 12:00 @ University Swimming Pool (Swim Training, Longcourse)
Wednesday 18:30 - 20:30 @ University Swimming Pool
Thursday 12:00 - 13:00 @ University Swimming Pool (Swim Training)
Thursday 18:00 - 19:00 @ Netball Centre (Circuit Training)
Friday 18:00 - 19:00 @ John Beckwith (First Aid)
Friday 19:15 - 20:15 @ Charnwood College Pool (First Aid)
Sunday 10:30 - 12:00 @ University Swimming Pool (Swim Training)
Chair: Immy Shepherd
Vice Chair: Rhianna Field
Treasurer: Tom Strawson
Media & Kit: Helena Bradley
Competition Secretary: Sam Flint
Female Social: Rachel Talbot
Male Social: Thanasi Frost
Development Captain: Elsie Barker
Performance Captain: Natasha Moss
Female Welfare: Evie Wright
Male Welfare: Henry Collis
Student Coaching Team
Head Coach: James Blaby
Swim Coach: Andy Morley
Swim Coach: Jess Bunn
SERC Coach: Joshua Aylott
SERC Coach: Tom Davies